Chicago Section IFT / Chicagoland Food Science Foundation Food Industry Scholarship
Applications now open! Deadline: Friday, March 13, 2020
The Chicagoland Food Science Foundation competitive scholarship program awards up to $50,000 in scholarships each year. Full-time students can win a $5,000 scholarship for the upcoming school year and part-time students a $2,500 scholarship on expenses not covered by a company.
- The applicant MUST be a student member of IFT. Not a member? Join now!
- The applicant is pursuing a college/university degree that will lead to a career in the food industry (typical of IFT members and is clearly building the skills/knowledge needed to be hired in the food industry.
- The applicant should be entering his/her Sophomore, Junior, or Senior year in August/September 2020 as an undergraduate or a graduate student.
- The applicant is eligible to eventually work in CSIFT region* on a permanent basis.
The applicant must have a permanent address in the geographic region* generally applied to CSIFT membership
- The applicant is enrolled at a College/University located in the geographic region* generally applied to CSIFT membership
*CSIFT region includes the following zip codes: 60000-61999, 62300-62399, 62500-62799, 46300-46499
The scholarships are paid directly to the school in the student’s name for expenses starting the fall semester – August 2020.
Students are not limited on the number of times they win this scholarship over the course of their academic career. Students are not prevented from accepting other sources of scholarships in addition to the Chicagoland Food Science Foundation Scholarship.
Applications are accepted from Monday, February 10 through 5 PM, Friday, March 13, 2020. Applicants will be notified by the end of April via email and letter.
Before you get started, review the list of questions and information needed for the application and be prepared to complete the application once started.
Click Here to view the online application questions before you being your application.
Click Here to access the online application. Once the application is submitted you will not be able to access it or make any changes.
Click Here to send an unofficial school transcript / grade report. Must be submitted prior to March 13, 2020.
All applicants must provide 2 references. These must be from a professor, instructor, teacher, advisor, or supervisor. References are required to complete the online reference form. Send this link to your references to be completed no later than March 13, 2020.
We plan to announce the winners at our May Tanner Dinner Meeting. If you are selected as a winner please make yourself available to receive your scholarship on May 11, 2020 in Rosemont, IL