Chicago Section IFT / Chicagoland Food Science Foundation Food Industry Scholarship
Applications now open! Deadline: March 15, 2019
The Chicagoland Food Science Foundation created a competitive scholarship program in 2016. This program awards up to $50,000 as Chicagoland Food Science Scholarships each year. Full-time students can win a $5,000 scholarship for the upcoming school year and part-time students a $2,500 scholarship on expenses not covered by a company.
- Student MUST be a student member of IFT. Not a member? Join now! http://www.ift.org/membership/membership-types-2/student.aspx
- Student must have a permanent address in the geographic region* generally applied to CSIFT membership
- Student is enrolled at a College/University located in the geographic region* generally applied to CSIFT membership
- Student is working towards a degree and career typical of those who are members of IFT
- Student is eligible to eventually work in CSIFT region on a permanent basis
- Student should be entering their Sophomore, Junior, or Senior year this Fall as an undergrad. Graduate scholarships will also be awarded.
If a student has a permanent address in the geographic area claimed by CSIFT, and is pursuing a college/university degree that will lead to a career in the food industry (typical of IFT members http://www.ift.org/about-us.aspx), that student is eligible to apply for the scholarship; if a student is attending a college/university in the CSIFT region, is working towards a degree valued in the food industry (IFT related) and is clearly building the skills/knowledge needed to be hired in the food industry, the student would be a eligible for the scholarship.
In addition to the above eligibility, students are not limited on the number of scholarships they can receive from CSIFT over the course of their academic career. Students are not prevented from also accepting other sources of scholarship in addition the CSIFT scholarships available.
*CSIFT region includes the following zip codes: 60000-61999, 62300-62399, 62500-62799, 46300-46499
Before you get started, review the list of questions and information needed for the application and be prepared to complete the application once started.
Applications are accepted until March 15, 2019. Applicants will be notified no later than April 30, 2019 via email and letter.
Click Here to view the online application questions before you being your application.
Click Here to access the online application. Once the application is submitted you will not be able to access it or make any changes.
Click Here to send an unofficial school transcript / grade report. Must be submitted prior to March 15, 2019.
All applicants must provide 2 references. References are required to complete the online reference form. Send this link to your references to be completed no later than March 15, 2019.
We will announce and recognize the winners at our May Tanner Dinner Meeting. If you are selected as a winner please make yourself available to receive your scholarship on May 13, 2019 in Rosemont, IL. You can bring one complimentary guest.